[scribus] Black Background?

Cindy Jones Lantier cindy at lantier.org
Tue Feb 25 17:40:06 UTC 2014

Hey there!

I recently wiped my hard drive and reinstalled Scirbus. I've used it in the
past with no problems. Today is the first time I've tried to use it since
the reinstall.

Everything seems to be just fine until I try to place a particular image; it
shows up with a black background! I've opened the image in PS Elements, and
the background is white. I've inserted it into a Word document and the
background is white there too. I'm confused!

I notice that at the bottom of the Scribus screen, there is a small black
box next to the word 'Background.' I've clicked on it, but there doesn't
seem to be any way to change it to white. Is that my problem? I'd appreciate
it if anyone could provide some insight.

Thanks!

Cindy