[scribus] Converting to grayscale.

john Culleton John at wexfordpress.com
Wed Feb 19 18:43:22 UTC 2014

I am redoing my 2009 pdf e-book "Create Book
Covers with Scribus" completely, this time in
Scribus :<) It was written in pdftex during the
Scribus 1.3.3.13 era. We now have 1.4.3 and and
1.6.0 will be available soon. I plan to cover
both alternatives.

The e-book is as you might imagine full of color
illustrations of cover designs etc. The publisher
will allow me to upgrade the pdf e-book  for a
few bucks. I can also print a paper copy through
the same publisher for free (their DIY program)
but there is a hitch. They have had a lot of
trouble with color print books. So they either
want me to use their chosen expert (and pay her)
or else do the print copy solely in B/W and
grayscale. Part of my market for this book are
the authors of this pubishing house so having a
print version on their site is important.

please don't rib me too much about a publisher
insisting that their expert be hired to correct
the layout of my book.

My question is this. How do I convert all the
color illos in the new Scibus pdf e-book version
to grayscale for a paperback version? I can do
them one at a time in Gimp but I was wondering if
there were a Scribus method to do it en-masse,
perhaps with an ICC profile? Their is no bleed
involved.

I will of course put a color paper version
out on Amazon etc. later on with a different
version indicator and a different ISBN. I just
want to nail down this little niche market
which has been good to me in the past.

--
John Culleton
Wexford Press