[scribus] more spell checking

ZASKE Martin zm at revue-gugu.org
Wed Feb 12 09:28:46 UTC 2014

Thank you for recent exchanges on spell checking for 1.4.3

I have discovered it today and it works fine on my Windows 7
installation. I have found an impressive list of included dictionaries.

Also I am delighted that Scribus is using Hunspell technology, smack in
the middle of mainstream.

We happen to have built our own dictionary .dic and .aff file for our
local African language. Our language is called "Anii" and our language
code is "BLO".

I found the folder, where Scribus is storing the dictionaries and put
copies there.

It seems that I still need to tell Scribus about this "new language",
there is probably some configuration file somewhere. Please advise.

I would also love to have this information (where to tell Scribus about
a new language) for our Linux installations. We are running Scribus
1.4.3 and 1.4.2 on several OpenSuse machines (KDE).

Note: We do NOT want to change the UI to our own language, we are happy
using French for Scribus. But we publish in Anii and would like to spell
check as a last-minute check before printing. We have the main spell
check at an earlier phase in our work-flow.

Thank you,

Martin

--
ZASKE Martin