[scribus] Easier word wraparound and graphic images.

JLuc jluc at no-log.org
Mon Dec 15 20:58:09 UTC 2014

Le 15/12/2014 18:47, Rolf-Werner Eilert a écrit :

> Ok. Yes, but... the contour line is this thing you have to pull with the mouse, right? Each edge for itself, and it is
> thought for making non-rectangle contours around non-rectangle pictures. Or am I wrong here?

Let not mix the contour function and the UI (various tools) that possibly implement this function.
Function : Contour is a shape that defines how the text flows around an image.
UI/tools : with scribus, contour can be created using the "use contour" button or doing it using another frame as you
explain you do.

> Anyway, in most cases (it's more than 99 % in my case) I have to simply keep some distance to a photo or an ad which is
> rectangle and should be dealt with as a rectangle. If there was a function that kept a distance of a definable number of
> mm to the rectangle boundaries of the frame, it would save a lot of clicks and time.

Scribus "Use contour" button proposes the actual frame as a starting point for contourline edition.
With a click of a button you can make it wider in all directions.
You can define "how wider" you want it to be with a percentage (10% wider) or an absolute value (1cm wider).
It seems to fit your need and wishes, doesnt it ?
and it does so without the hassle of creating another frame and grouping it to your image frame.

> A simple input box (or if you wish it perfect, 4 boxes for the 4 edges and maybe even chainable) would do. A value of
> zero would work as it does now, any value above would keep letters a bit away from the frame.

Scribus UI is allmost so but yet requires more clicks.
There's actualy a request to have an easyer access to contour edit :
http://bugs.scribus.net/view.php?id=10409

JLuc