[scribus] Printing in gray

John Culleton John at wexfordpress.com
Tue Dec 9 17:51:53 UTC 2014

On Tue, 09 Dec 2014 08:23:16 +0100
Rolf-Werner Eilert <eilert-sprachen at t-online.de>
wrote:

> > An old laser printer: HP color laserjet 2840.
> >

> Why do you make a CMYK instead of a standard
> color PDF?
>
> Rolf
>

> ___
> Edit your options or unsubscribe:
> See also:
> http://wiki.scribus.net
> http://forums.scribus.net

> Unlimited Disk, Data Transfer, PHP/MySQL Domain
> Hosting http://www.doteasy.com

HP Color laserjets have four cartridges, one
each for Cyan Magenta Yellow and Black.
And the OP stated he was printing from
a pdf and not directly from Scribus.

When it comes to scribus I view CMYK as the
"standard" color model, not RGB.

As for something being slightly off color, if one
purchases the inexpensive Galaxy Gauge Color Map
Pro available here;
http://www.galaxygauge.com/p_col_cmp.html
You will get two sets of swatches, one with names
and about 77 colors and one with numbers and a
more complete set of swatches. They correspond
exactly with two palettes available with Scribus
1.4.x, respectively the Color Directory set for
the named colors and  Color Pro set for the
numbered colors.

What you see on the screen may vary slightly
from the true color as shown on the paper guide
called the Galaxy Gauge Color Map Pro. The screen
converts your colors back to RGB. Both the HP
Color laser and commercial printing presses work
in CMYK.

Rich black is another matter. There are
corresponding sets on the paper document and in
Scribus for those hues.

--
John Culleton
Wexford Press