[scribus] Printing in gray

Andreas Vox avox at arcor.de
Tue Dec 9 17:25:49 UTC 2014

PDF-X/3 is a color managed format. That's why there will always be ICC
profiles used
to compute the actual ink mix. There isn't just one CMYK profile, each
device has its
own. In theory, if you use the same CMYK profile to specify colors in
Scribus as it's
later used for printing, the CMYK channels should translate 1:1. But a pdf
viewer and
the printing system (CUPS) might interfere with that.

If you want to preserve the CMYK channels, you can use the PDF-X1a which is
available
in newer Scribus versions. You still need a printing system that passes the
CMYK channels
untranslated through to your printer.

/Andreas