[scribus] Printing in gray

John Culleton John at wexfordpress.com
Mon Dec 8 18:43:57 UTC 2014

On Mon, 8 Dec 2014 17:15:47 +0100
Jehan Pagès <jehan.marmottard at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I've been trying to print from scribus, but it
> will print only in gray for some reason (even
> though all the options are clearly set for
> colour printing). I even tried print
> separation, but every page print in the right
> place but in grey instead of the expected
> color. Would you know what is the problem?
> Note: I tried both Scribus 1.4.3 (from my Linux
> Mint packaging system), and the dev version
> from svn).
>
> As a side question, if I export a PDF in
> PDF/X-3 with a CMYK output intent profile, and
> using only CMYK colors, why when I print from a
> PDF viewer, it does not correspond. As an
> example, I had a bit of yellow in samples which
> were supposed to be full cyan. How is that?
> Would the problem be in the PDF reader which
> make some translation to RGB perhaps? Or I
> don't export the PDF the right way? Thanks!
>
> Jehan
>
> ___
> Edit your options or unsubscribe:
> See also:
> http://wiki.scribus.net
> http://forums.scribus.net

Possibly there is a setting within your printer
or within your printing software (external to
Scribus). What is your printer make and model and
the software you are using to print the document?
Are you printing form withing Scribus or creating
a pdf which you then print? What is the version
of Scribus you are using and what OS?

--
John Culleton
Wexford Press