[scribus] Replacing fonts on old or stranger's sla files.

"Christoph Schäfer" christoph-schaefer at gmx.de
Wed Dec 3 07:53:37 UTC 2014

> Gesendet: Samstag, 29. November 2014 um 23:46 Uhr
> Von: "john Culleton" <John at wexfordpress.com>
> Betreff: [scribus] Replacing fonts on old or stranger's  sla files.
>
> If I load an sla file from someone else, or
> even one I created myself a long time ago, I get
> a font substitution message for one or more
> fonts. I am given the choice of changing the
> substitution. But here comes the weird part.
>
> when I scan the list of my fonts I find that
> exact same font in the list! It has a letter S
> in yellow with a green background on the left
> hand edge. If I choose that font I see that I
> have substituted font ABC with font ABC. It may
> be a font I don't even have on my system!
>
> Am I just kidding myself when I go through this
> process? Enlightenment requested.

Hi John,

I don't know why this shitty icon has been created for a missing font, but its purpose is to indicate just that: a missing font. The green background is the default warning colour In Scribus (cf. colour management).

In other words, you mustn't rely on a font "choice" which is actually a warning.

HTH,

Christoph