[scribus] Good news about color palettes in 1.5.0

john Culleton John at wexfordpress.com
Mon Dec 1 16:11:41 UTC 2014

On Mon, 1 Dec 2014 10:50:07 -0500
john Culleton <John at wexfordpress.com> wrote:

> One of the annoying non-features in 1.4.5 and
> earlier is that you can't switch palettes if a
> document is open. Just for jollies I tried
> switching palettes with a dummy document open
> using last night's version of 1.5.0. It worked
> just the same as when there was no document
> open.
>
> Next I will test some other no-nos to see if
> they will be yes-yeses in 1.5.0, like changing
> page sizes etc. in mid stream. This would be
> handy for multiple versions of the same book.
> Stay tuned.

Actually the palette change just merged the two
palettes. But this can be useful too.

The change on the fly of the page size didn't work.

Which begs the question: What is the best way to
transfer the text of one document to another
document of different dimensions? I can always
save the raw text from a pdf using e.g., Acrobat
Reader. But that way one loses all the text
styles.

Any suggestions?

--
John Culleton