[scribus] is there any script or patch to anchor text at the end of a textframe

Gregory Pittman gpittman at iglou.com
Sun Aug 31 13:34:46 UTC 2014

On 08/31/2014 08:57 AM, Kunda Loves Scribus wrote:
> On Sat, Aug 30, 2014 at 8:29 AM, _johann <johannfk at xs4all.nl> wrote:
>
>>   In a document with linked text frames where each text frame is separated
>> in 3-columns I'd like to have the text automatically 'anchor' to the bottom
>> right corner of the 3rd column instead of it naturally being top-left
>> aligned. I'd rather not use an emty boundet box to push the text down,
>> because i have up to 10 frames under/above the text-box wich i have to
>> reposition many times until i reached the bottom.
>>
> Does functionality as described above exist in Scribus?

I'm very uncertain what he is trying to do...
Is the idea to fill the 3-column space with emptiness, then append new
content so that is always at the very end of the last column?

Some scripts were written to try to resize frames to fit text, involving
a loop which tests for overflow. I can somewhat imagine a script that
would retest for overflow while varying empty lines.
This seems an odd request.

Greg