[scribus] Question

Gregory Pittman gpittman at iglou.com
Wed Aug 13 15:51:06 UTC 2014

On 08/13/2014 01:32 AM, Peter Nermander wrote:
>> What we might consider would be an attention-grabbing chapter in the
>> Manual that talks about a short list of features, including Collect for
>> Output.
>> Something like "Don't-Miss Features!" -- Collect for Output is a bit drab.
>>

> I think more important is to make users aware of that Scribus does not
> embed images into the SLA.
>
> Some users might want to move the images separately, for example if you
> have a folder structure like:
>
> issue-1/document.sla
> issue-1/images/*.jpg
> common/logo.png
> common/header-image.jpg
>
> When you use the same images (in this example the logo and the header
> image) in several projects you probably don't want several copies of them.

There is, of course, the chapter in the online manual "Collect for
Output", which explains not only how to use the command, but also how it
works (what it does).

I could also recommend that users check out the flossmanuals book
"Scribus", either the original in French at fr.flossmanuals.net, or the
English translation at en.flossmanuals.net. The book is good for
describing an approach to using Scribus beginning at the planning
stages, and including the idea of a directory structure for various
projects that helps organize and control your content.

Greg