[scribus] Bug in scribus 1.4.4svn

M. Ridinger mari at mailbox.org
Mon Apr 21 11:16:37 UTC 2014

Hi all,

I know that this is not the official way to report bugs but nearly 2 weeks ago I
got a confirmation about my scribus registration request and that I had to wait
for another email before I can login. Until now this second mail did not arrive.
So I'm not able to fill out an official bug report. May be one of the users of
this list can verify the bug and create a bug report?

The official scribus-1.4.4svn-snapshot-140415-win32.exe does no correct
positioning of barcodes. The image will be positioned all time in the top left
area of the layout even if there is no page. This bug was not present in scribus
1.4.3.

To reproduce create a new scribus document with double sided layout starting
with a right page and followed by some additional pages. Now select
"insert/barcode" and e.g. QR-code and try to position the image on any page. It
will end up on the top left area where actually is no page in that document
because its starting with a right page.

BTW: why is it not possible (same in v1.4.3) to pull the frame to the desired
size while holding left mouse button as in any other frame? Another strange
behavior (also same in v1.4.3) with QR-code is that "include Checksum Digit" is
shown grayed in the beginning. After deselecting "Include Text in Barcode" and
reselecting again the checksum field is selectable suddenly.

Best Regards,
Markus