[scribus] help-text for Character Palette

JLuc jluc at no-log.org
Tue Apr 15 19:16:36 UTC 2014

Le 15/04/2014 18:07, ZASKE Martin a écrit :
> In Scribus 1.4.3 there is a so called Character Palette at
> menu > insert > glyph...
> I like the idea but could never figure out how to populate this palette
> with the special characters which I need all the time.

Open that Character palette.
Click on the first button (looks like a table)
   it opens another window with all font glyphs
Choose desired font
Drag'n'drop desired glyph to one of the empty cells in the first Character Palette
That's it !
 From now on, you can insert that glyph inside your text
just by double clicking onn it
(and you have to click again afterward in the text frame where you want to edit further)

> Since it was recently mentioned on this list and since I believe I have
> now figured it out, I was proposing I would write it up nicely and
> submit it for the online help and/or for the wiki pages. I could write
> it in English and also provide a German version.
> I could write about the Windows- and the Linux version, maybe even about
> Scribus 1.6
> How would I go about it, so that I respect the Scribus workflow and
> infrastructure ?
Great.
Christoph pointed you to the bug tracker.
I'd advise too to subscribe to the scribus-dev list.

JLuc