[scribus] qt5 requirements for 1.5.0svn

john Culleton John at wexfordpress.com
Fri Sep 27 15:40:18 UTC 2013

On Wed, 25 Sep 2013 20:26:19 +0200
Craig Bradney <cbradney at scribus.info> wrote:

> And again, Scribus 1.5 is a *development* version. While generally
> stable, we still don't recommend development versions for real work.
> We reserve the right to break things in 1.5 at any time for any
> length of time (although we try hard to avoid this). Whenever 1.6.0
> comes out, then it will be the recommended end user version, and I am
> sure the distros will have it, and surely a long time before then.
> There are other options like building it yourself that you can try
> now.
>
> Thanks
> Craig
>
> ___

I am currently compiling the latest 1.5.0 after downloading
Qt5.1.1 into my home directory and by trial and error adding the
following 5 lines at the head of my 1.5.0 compile script (ignore
wraparounds):
------------------------------

export Qt5Core_DIR=/home/safe/Qt/5.1.1/gcc_64/lib/cmake/Qt5Core

export Qt5Widgets_DIR=/home/safe/Qt/5.1.1/gcc_64/lib/cmake/Qt5Widgets

export Qt5Xml_DIR=/home/safe/Qt/5.1.1/gcc_64/lib/cmake/Qt5Xml

export
Qt5WebKitWidgets_DIR=/home/safe/Qt/5.1.1/gcc_64/lib/cmake/Qt5WebKitWidgets

export
Qt5LinguistTools_DIR=/home/safe/Qt/5.1.1/gcc_64/lib/cmake/Qt5LinguistTools
There must be a simpler way but I haven't figured it out yet.

For my 64 bit Slackware system I downloaded the following file:

 qt-linux-opensource-5.1.1-x86_64-offline.run

This can be found at:
http://download.qt-project.org/official_releases/qt/5.1/5.1.1/qt-linux-opensource-5.1.1-x86_64-offline.run.mirrorlist

Hopefully my compile will complete without error. Right now it is at
the 69% mark.

I will use latest 1.5.0 for production unless and until I encounter a
glitch, in which case I will back up to an earlier version of 1.5.0. I
store yesterday's version and a weekly version as well as the latest
overnight version. You will no doubt remember when we were using 1.3.5
through 1.3.9, though technically development versions, until 1.4.x
appeared as the official "stable" version.

Thanks again for your continuing assistance.

--
John Culleton
Wexford Press