[scribus] Using CSS with the online manual for 1.5.0svn

Gregory Pittman gpittman at iglou.com
Wed Sep 25 02:18:03 UTC 2013

Because I was disappointed in the appearance of the manual information
in 1.5.0, I have initiated usage of CSS.

There is a new file in the doc/scribus/en directory, manual.css; it's a
very simple list that users can modify as you see fit:

h1 {font-family:fontin,sans-serif; font-size:1.3em;}
h2 {font-family:fontin,sans-serif; font-size:1.2em;}
h3 {font-family:fontin,sans-serif; font-size:1.1em;}
h4 {font-family:fontin,sans-serif; font-size:1em;}

p, blockquote {font-family:dejavu sans,sans-serif; font-size:0.8em;}
li {font-family:dejavu sans,sans-serif; font-size:0.8em;}
code {font-size:1.2em;}

Inside each HTML file there is this style block:

@import "manual.css";

As you can see in the list from manual.css, I put in Fontin as the
preferred font for headers. I think it has a nice look, so if you don't
have it you might get it and try it out.

Aside from putting the style tags into each HTML file, I found quite a
number of "anomalies" in many different files. There is also quite a bit
of ugliness in some files (though they work) that I'd like to gradually
clean up. I have to say, some of the ugliest were ones I had written
(what was I thinking?). So far I have left the Scripter parts of the
manual untouched, in case you notice.

Greg