[scribus] making your own Pantone color list

"Christoph Schäfer" christoph-schaefer at gmx.de
Sun Sep 22 07:12:26 UTC 2013

> > As to Pantone's request for fees for digital colour palettes:
> > One day, corporate greed will be replaced by pragmatism,
> > and there are many alternatives to Pantone, some of which
> > are already part of Scribus.
>
> Yeah, if only Pantone saw things clearly and created some sort of an
> online service to request color sets directly from applications...
>
> Oh wait! http://www.selapa.net/scribus/

This is some sort of a clever hack that uses a particular Pantone online repo for mobile apps, but it doesn't actually suit our users' requirements, and it's at best condoned by X-Rite. Moreover, there's a reason for not including this script in Scribus: We can't afford to be sued by X-Rite for copyright and/or trademark abuse.

Christoph