[scribus] making your own Pantone color list

Gregory Pittman gpittman at iglou.com
Sat Sep 21 14:08:58 UTC 2013

On 09/21/2013 05:44 AM, Alexandre Prokoudine wrote:
> On Sat, Sep 21, 2013 at 11:41 AM, "Christoph Schäfer" wrote:
>
>> As to Pantone's request for fees for digital colour palettes:
>> One day, corporate greed will be replaced by pragmatism,
>> and there are many alternatives to Pantone, some of which
>> are already part of Scribus.
> Yeah, if only Pantone saw things clearly and created some sort of an
> online service to request color sets directly from applications...
>
> Oh wait! http://www.selapa.net/scribus/

It works quite well!
Makes my 1.5.0 crash, so I had to run as standalone.

the script does have this disclaimer:

"This software is not affiliated with or endorsed by PANTONE, Inc. — PANTONE® and other Pantone, Inc. trademarks are the property of Pantone, Inc. © Pantone, Inc."

so it remains to be seen what Pantone thinks of it. In their traditional
generosity, I'm sure they're just about ready to allow us to release
their palettes with Scribus.

I'll put this link on the wiki page.

Greg