[scribus] Scribus 1.5.0svn is now Qt5 only

Carl Symons carlsymons at gmail.com
Wed Sep 4 16:43:37 UTC 2013

On Tuesday, September 03, 2013 07:29 scribus-request at lists.scribus.net wrote:
> Date: Tue, 03 Sep 2013 00:07:05 +0200
> From: Craig Bradney <cbradney at scribus.info>
> Subject: [scribus] Scribus 1.5.0svn is now Qt5 only
>
> Hi
>
> As of tonight, Scribus 1.5.0+ will only be supported with Qt5. We have had
> to find some workarounds for some issues, and these will be fixed over
> time, however Qt5 will bring a number of features and improvements on the
> back end we require. Primarily, the new Qt Quick controls should offer us
> the ability to rewrite the Properties Palette with Qt's new XML based GUI
> design functionality. There's a lot more however that's a big one to note.
>
> For anyone developing or building from source, ensure you update your Qt
> installation to 5.x.
>
> thanks
> Craig

Hello Scribus

Any interest among Scribus developers in attending Qt Developer Days in San
Francisco, November 6-8? http://www.qtdeveloperdays.com/northamerica

There's also a European version in Berlin, October 7-9.
https://devdays.kdab.com/

Some folks from KDE will be at the conference in San Francisco. It's truly for
Qt developers. Please contact me offlist for more details on the SF version. I
can help with contacts for the Berlin conference, but I don't really know a
lot about that one.

Carl