[scribus] Scribus 1.5.0svn is now Qt5 only

john Culleton John at wexfordpress.com
Wed Sep 4 15:46:40 UTC 2013

On Tue, 03 Sep 2013 00:07:05 +0200
Craig Bradney <cbradney at scribus.info> wrote:

> Hi
>
> As of tonight, Scribus 1.5.0+ will only be supported with Qt5. We
> have had to find some workarounds for some issues, and these will be
> fixed over time, however Qt5 will bring a number of features and
> improvements on the back end we require. Primarily, the new Qt Quick
> controls should offer us the ability to rewrite the Properties
> Palette with Qt's new XML based GUI design functionality. There's a
> lot more however that's a big one to note.
>
> For anyone developing or building from source, ensure you update your
> Qt installation to 5.x.
>
> thanks
> Craig
>
> ___
> Edit your options or unsubscribe:
> See also:
> http://wiki.scribus.net
> http://forums.scribus.net

I don't know if this is a Qt problem or not, but my overnight script is
blowing up on line 6. See below:
--------------------------------
rm -r  /usr/local/src/s150
cd /usr/local/src
svn co svn://scribus.net/trunk/Scribus s150
cd s150
cmake . -DCMAKE_INSTALL_PREFIX:PATH=/usr/local/scribus_svn
 -DWANT_SCRIPTER2=1
 -DWANT_GRAPHICSMAGICK=1 2>/usr/local/foo
make
make install
cd scribus
rm /usr/local/bin/scrib5
ln scribus /usr/local/bin/scrib5
The line that is no longer recognized is:
-DWANT_SCRIPTER2=1

Should I just delete this line?

My last working compile was dated on or about Sept 3. Every night I
back up the last compile and compile a fresh copy.

--
John Culleton
Wexford Press