[scribus] how do I strip out unwanted overriding of paragraph styles?

Rolf-Werner Eilert eilert-sprachen at t-online.de
Wed Sep 4 08:54:32 UTC 2013

Am 03.09.2013 17:21, schrieb Joe Zeff:
> On 09/03/2013 01:16 AM, Rolf-Werner Eilert wrote:
>>
>> This can be somewhat nerv-racking when you have a paragraph full of
>> bolds, italics and stuff, and then have to change the paragraph style,
>> causing all formattings to disappear.
>
> So it can.  That's why I don't do any formatting until I'm in the Story
> Editor and have applied my paragraph styles.  No point in doing the same
> work twice, is there?

Absolutely, and this is what I use to do. But sometimes you have to
decide to change to another paragraph style. Let's say, you see there
are some pictures added and you don't have the space left for the whole
text. So you change all paragraphs to another, smaller style. And now
you're in trouble...

That's why I always make a hardcopy of the original text from OOo to be
able to reconstruct the bolds, italics etc.

Rolf