[scribus] how do I strip out unwanted overriding of paragraph styles?

Gregory Pittman gpittman at iglou.com
Mon Sep 2 14:16:00 UTC 2013

On 09/02/2013 09:56 AM, Ed Keith wrote:
> I am importing documents from LibraOffice. I was trying to use styles to reformat it, when I figured out that it did not matter how I set my paragraph styles because all the text properties seem to be overridden. For now I have set the text properties in the story editor by selecting all the text I want to make a given style and setting the text properties to what I want that style to be. This is working, but is is unsatisfactory, since changing the styles has no effect, I need to reformat each bit of text individually as a special case.
>
> Is there some way I can remove all the formatting from a frame then add back in the few places where I want individual words or phrases to be bold or italic, but if I change the font used in the paragraph style the change will show up in the document?

That last sentence is a bit complicated, but certainly you can select a
frame, then change the style to whatever you want, either a Default
style or one you have created. Look at Properties > Text tab > Style
Settings.

After that, in Edit Contents mode you can highlight text and then change
some aspect of its style with a Character Style, or even just à la carte
choices from Properties > Text.

I think maybe you're making a case for just using a plain text editor,
then making/editing styles in Scribus.

Greg