[scribus] Change in POD printers, colour standards

Ivan Winters iwinters at virginmedia.com
Tue Oct 29 16:51:10 UTC 2013

John Culleton said

> RPG has other meanings such as Report Program Generator. A few
> of us are old enough to have written programs in that late and
> mostly unlamented programming language. As for my error I plead
> age and incipient senility as an excuse. You are right of
> course.

You and me must be of similar vintages. I studied COBOL and RPG7 on a
course at Control Data in Leeds in early 1983. Last time I checked
wikipedia RPG was still listed and still in use. It was popular in my day
for people who wanted to write a quick off the shelf programme for a minor
project. After all all you had to do was fill in a few form pages setting
out the structure of the input data, the processing you wanted to happen to
that data and the structure of the output data.

Ivan Winters