[scribus] qt5 requirements for 1.5.0svn

Jeffrey Merrow jeffmerrow at yahoo.com
Mon Oct 21 11:19:41 UTC 2013

It works incrementally up to 18532, and barcode is still in the menu.
At 18533 is has disappeared.

 Subject: Re: [scribus] qt5 requirements for 1.5.0svn
 To: scribus at lists.scribus.net
 Date: Monday, October 21, 2013, 12:24 AM

 On 21/10/13 5:19 AM, Jeffrey Merrow
 wrote:
 >  > I am currently compiling the latest 1.5.0
 after downloading Qt5.1.1 into my home directory and by
 trial and error adding the following 5 lines at the head of
 my 1.5.0 compile script (ignore wraparounds):
 >  > ------------------------------
 >  > export
 Qt5Core_DIR=/home/safe/Qt/5.1.1/gcc_64/lib/cmake/Qt5Core
 >  > export
 Qt5Widgets_DIR=/home/safe/Qt/5.1.1/gcc_64/lib/cmake/Qt5Widgets
 >  > export
 Qt5Xml_DIR=/home/safe/Qt/5.1.1/gcc_64/lib/cmake/Qt5Xml
 >  > export
 Qt5WebKitWidgets_DIR=/home/safe/Qt/5.1.1/gcc_64/lib/cmake/Qt5WebKitWidgets
 >  > export
 Qt5LinguistTools_DIR=/home/safe/Qt/5.1.1/gcc_64/lib/cmake/Qt5LinguistTools
 >  >
 >  > There must be a simpler way but I haven't
 figured it out yet.

 > This seems to be working properly for me, and
 eliminates the need for the env variables.

 >  -DQT_PREFIX="/home/Qt5/5.1.1/gcc/
 >
 > Since 'the move' to Qt5 the builds appear to succeed, I
 can run Scribus, but I don't have the Barcode plugin showing
 up within the Insert dialog.
 > I find that it is listed within the About Plugins, and
 also is included in the Preferences> Plugins suggesting
 that it should be available using Insert -> Barcode...

 > Still trying to narrow down the svn step where it
 breaks.
 > 18455 works, but that version still required the
 -DUSE_QT5=1 declaration.

 > Any suggestions?  Does yoiur latest build include
 the Barcode plugin showing up in the Insert menu?

 I'll check this out tonight.

 Craig

 ___
 Scribus Mailing List: scribus at lists.scribus.net