[scribus] Problem with alternate stylistics

Alexandre Prokoudine alexandre.prokoudine at gmail.com
Thu May 23 21:12:50 UTC 2013

On Fri, May 24, 2013 at 1:01 AM, John Jason Jordan wrote:

>>> and lots more. But even if I convince TeX to use Junicode it still
>>> has no way to enter all the diacriticals that I need.
>>
>>Yeah, I wish someone invented a way for TeX to use all sorts of useful
>>Unicode characters and OpenType features. It might even have a name
>>similar to TeX. Something like, eh, XeTeX? :-P
>>
>>http://scholarsfonts.net/xetextt.pdf
>
> I read all 29 pages of that PDF file,  but nowhere did I find any way
> to enter an apical diacritic (33A) under an s, or a dental diacritic
> (32A) under a d, or a voiceless diacritic (325) under a turned r (279),
> or a syllabic diacritic under an n - and I could go on and on. Did I
> miss the instructions? How will XeTeX make those characters possible?

Look closer at your xunicode.sty:

\DeclareEncodedCompositeCharacter{\UTFencname}{\textinvsubbridge}{033A}{033A}
 % Combining inverted bridge below

\DeclareEncodedCompositeCharacter{\UTFencname}{\textsubring}{0325}{02F3}
 % Combining ring below

\DeclareUTFcharacter[\UTFencname]{x0279}{\textturnr}

Alexandre Prokoudine
http://libregraphicsworld.org