[scribus] Problem with alternate stylistics

Gabriel Grosso ggrosso.dg at gmail.com
Mon May 20 22:06:51 UTC 2013

On 05/20/2013 06:56 PM, JLuc wrote:
> Le 20/05/2013 21:16, Gabriel Grosso a écrit :
>> It seems that I can't get to render these «alternate» glyphs, like
>> old style figures and some others.
>> http://tinypic.com/r/9ps5dw/5
>>
>> Anyone know how to "activate" them? I can see they properly in
>> FontMatrix. I'm on ArchLinux 64.
>
> How do you insert them ?
>
> It seems copy'n'pasting is NOT the way to do.
>
> Try with the dedicated tool :
>   double click a text frame so as to enter edit mode
>   menu : Insert > Character... (or "Glyph..." ?)
>   click the table looking button
>   choose the font
>   double click the glyph
>   click Insert button
>
> JLuc
>

> ___
> Edit your options or unsubscribe:
> See also:
> http://wiki.scribus.net
> http://forums.scribus.net

Hi JLuc,

This is the way Scribus shows me the glyphs for that typography -also it
happens with all other types that has alternate stylistics or (as
FontMatrix put them) «unmapped glyphs»-

http://tinypic.com/r/eq1j0w/5

I can't remember if previous version does that, but i think not so i
guess i'll go back -i need to finish a job for thursday-.