[scribus] New Reader Impressions

Alexandre Prokoudine alexandre.prokoudine at gmail.com
Fri May 10 21:04:24 UTC 2013

On Sat, May 11, 2013 at 12:43 AM, John Beardmore wrote:

> Back on planet earth I have to realise that I don't have time, and I really
> should use some sort of "wonderful open source software readily available
> for website design".
>
> I've heard of Wordpress. What else is out there ?  Is there anything else
> you particularly recommend that can be reasonably attractive and flexible ?

If you want as little technical maintenance as possible, _and_ you
need to post news and stuff, I can't think of anything better than
Wordpress.

If you are willing to get your hands dirty, though, there's a wide
range of possibilities, from frameworks like Ruby on Rails and Django,
to site generators like jekyll (https://github.com/mojombo/jekyll,
which is what FontForge uses).

Alexandre Prokoudine
http://libregraphicsworld.org