[scribus] Adobe ends perpetual licenses

Joe Zeff joe at zeff.us
Fri May 10 20:04:31 UTC 2013

On 05/10/2013 12:50 PM, John Beardmore wrote:
> Is there a special rock that IT teachers are required to live under for
> a decade before they are allowed in front of a class ?

Probably.  Yesterday I saw a question on a web forum from a student who
was trying to get something done in Linux for his class.  He'd installed
Fedora Core 5 from the CD that came with the book he had to use and
wanted to know how to get it to do something.  Alas, the only good
answer (that I didn't give) was to drop the class and demand his money
back because the version of Fedora he was expected to use was several
years out of date.  Currently, the only versions of Fedora that are
supported (or receive updates) are F 17 and F 18.  There have been so
many major changes in the way things are done in Fedora since Fedora
Core 5 that almost nothing that he could learn in that class would still
be relevant.  For those of you using Windows, imagine a class on Windows
that required you to use Windows Me, and you'll get what I'm talking about.