[scribus] New Paragraph style doesn't adapt Font

Rolf-Werner Eilert eilert-sprachen at t-online.de
Thu Mar 28 16:02:48 UTC 2013

Am 27.03.2013 20:57, schrieb John Ghormley KJ4UFG:
> On Wed, Mar 27, 2013 at 2:44 PM, Rolf-Werner Eilert <
> eilert-sprachen at t-online.de> wrote:
>
>> Hi,
>>
>> This is somewhat confusing - and annoying sometimes: From the old Scribus
>> version I was used to changing the paragraph style in the text editor and
>> automatically adapt the text font to the paragraph style.
>>
>> Now, sometimes it doesn't change the font but chooses some other what
>> seems randomly. Sometimes it changes, sometimes not, sometimes within the
>> same text: one paragraph does, another not.
>>
>> This occurs with text imported from odt.
>>
>> Any idea what I make wrong here?
>>
>> Thanks for your help!
>>
>> Rolf
>>

> Rolf,
>
> I am not sure what you are experiencing, but my experience is not the same
> as yours and I import from .odt files frequently.  Can you be a bit more
> specific regarding which version of Scribus is the old version you refer
> to, and what steps you take to import now?

Sure John,

The old version was the 1.3.3.something one. Now it's 1.4.2.

When I import, I open a text frame and right-click on it, choosing "load
text". Then I choose the text file (odt), and check none of the check
boxes offered (hoping it will simply import the text).

In the past, it simply imported the text and created its own paragraph
styles like P1 through P6 which could be changed to my own ones on the
list without any hassle. Now it will still change to my own ones, but on
some parts of the texts, or for whole texts, the font chosen does not
change but rests on the font chosen automatically, even the font size
remains.

So in the list, it says "Title big centered" for instance, and it is
centered, but it is not e. g. "Syntax" but "Liberation serif" and
(sometimes) not 24 pt but only 16 pt.

But sometimes it simply does what it's meant to do.

So, I think this is a feature rather than a bug, but I don't see where
the beast decides what to do - and how I can make sure it does what I
want it to do ;-)

Thanks

Rolf