[scribus] Scribus and ePub?

Gregory Pittman gpittman at iglou.com
Sun Mar 17 13:21:42 UTC 2013

On 03/17/2013 04:18 AM, Alexandre Prokoudine wrote:
> On Sun, Mar 17, 2013 at 11:34 AM, Ian Whitfield wrote:
>> Hi All
>>
>> I seem to remember there was a recent discussion about converting to ePub in
>> Scribus.
>>
>> Is there a way of doing this or an extension in the pipe-line??
>
> There's an EPUB exporter in the works (the "epub_modular" Git branch).
>
>> If not what is the recommended alternative way to do this??
>
> Not that I know of :) Of course, you could try converting a PDF to
> EPUB with Calibre, but you probably wouldn't want to use the direct
> output.

Feedback from a-l-e is that the exporter has a long way to go, and not
to expect it before the 1.5.0 branch becomes official.

It's worth having a look at Sigil, which is quite easy to use (not so
bad a learning curve), so that you might consider taking the raw
materials from your Scribus document and starting afresh.

My hunch is that even when we might have a functioning ePub exporter,
there is likely to be a need to tweak it with something like Sigil.

Greg