[scribus] Importing big odt file.

john Culleton John at wexfordpress.com
Thu Mar 14 14:33:23 UTC 2013

On Thu, 14 Mar 2013 09:47:01 +0100
cezaryece <cezaryece at gmail.com> wrote:

> > I set it up as A4 with 50 pages and 0 margins to avoid overflow
> > problems. I asked for automatic text frames.
> > Is this size import beyond the capability of Scribus? Is it the
> > screen shots that foul things up?
>
> Definitively not beyond Scribus capability, but maybe beyond
> capability of your system (but I don`t think so).
>
> I was import into Scribus odt file with about 100 pages A4 with text
> size 9pt without problems.
>
> So.. maybe in file is something what broke importer. Hard to tell
> without problematic file.
> Create bug report and attach you ODT file to it.

The purpose of the exercise was to reduce the layout of the odt
file to letter so that the bottoms of the pages (with the page
numbers) didn't get cut off. I saved the file from a word
processor as pdf and then found an online service that would
reduce the size of the pdf file. So my mission was accomplished,
but not using Scribus as I had hoped.

The only special feature of the input file seems to be the screen
shots.

I may return to this task as time permits, just as an exercise.
Thanks to those who replied.
--
John Culleton
Wexford Press