[scribus] Hello! Missing Fyug files for tutorial

Murray Strome wmstrome at yahoo.com
Mon Mar 11 00:59:40 UTC 2013

Hello Kim,

There is an updated tutorial written that used to be at:
http://www.oliveroot.net/Scribus/Getting_Started_With_Scribus_2008/

However, that website seems to have disappeared.  I don't know if it exists anywhere on the internet. However, if you contact me directly, I can send you a .zip file that will contain all of the files that were used to create that tutorial.  It was based upon the original tutorial  and was revised by Nigel Ridley, with some correspondence with the author of the original 2006 tutorial.

I am not at my home computer right now, but within a day or two, I will try to post it on a website whose location I will post in this news list.

Murray
-------------------------

Forwarded Message: [scribus] Hello! Missing Fyug files for tutorial.
[scribus] Hello! Missing Fyug files for tutorial.
Saturday, March 9, 2013 10:34 AM
From:
"John Kim" <jmhsjsa at gmail.com>
To:
"scribus" <scribus at lists.scribus.net>
Hello,

My name is John Kim, a junior, and I'm a founder of a club at my high
school called JSA <http://jsa.org>. I've always been an open source
enthusiast, and I am very interested in using Scribus for our future
publications and brochures.

I visited the scribus wiki to get started.  The tutorial on making the Fyug
project seemed very promising, but I noticed in the introduction page to
the Get Started guide is missing the link to the Fyug files.

http://wiki.scribus.net/canvas/Get_Started_with_Scribus

*Note: If you are going through this tutorial and want to use the various
> images and text for this project, click the FreedomYug link below to get
> the tarred and compressed file.*

Checking the revision history,  I don't know whether the link existed a
while ago.

Where can I find the files? The link should be on the wiki page.

John Kim