[scribus] HotLinks no longer working.

Ian Whitfield whitfield at telkomsa.net
Thu Mar 14 09:14:13 UTC 2013

Hi All

I have just discovered a problem with my Scribus.

I was previously using Scribus 1.4.0 on PClinuxOS 2012.6 (32bit) but
this last month upgraded my OpSys to 2013.02 and my Scribus to 1.4.1
(Build ID: C-C-T-F-C1.12.2).

I export to PDF from Scribus and then run the following command to
reduce the size of the PDF file ...

/ps2pdf13 'filename.pdf' 'new name.pdf//'/

This reduces the file size by approx 80% and has been working perfectly
for me for a couple of years now.

Now however I still get the reduction _BUT_ all my "HotLinks" no longer
work!! This applies both to internal HotLinks, (Jump to certain pages),
and external HotLinks, (go to WebSite or write eMail)!!

I've checked with my older files and these no longer work either whereas
they were working before.

Any thoughts or ideas or have we found a "bug"??

Thanks for any help.

IanW
Pretoria RSA