[scribus] newcomer with font problem

Thomas Blasejewicz nyuwa at hb.tp1.jp
Thu Mar 14 02:49:16 UTC 2013

Good morning from Japan
I just 2-3 days ago downloaded Scribus and would like to use it.
Recently, I wrote a "book" using Libreoffice. Inserting pictures and
keeping text aligned was an ORDEAL to put it mildly.

So, I thought maybe a DTP software might be helpful.

Problem:
I wrote tex text in Japanese.
When I try to copy some of that text into a Scribus textbox, I get a row
of empty squares.
The documentation says:
Go to Preferences -> Fonts -> Additional path
I added here the pathto the Fonts available on my computer (Japanese
Windows XP)
The list of available fonts actually lists the Japanese fonts (although
not with their Japanese name).

Nevertheless, they are not displayed. (I assume, they would also not be
printed ...)

Is there a way to change this?

Thank you in advance.
Thomas