[scribus] Change existing pdf to pure b/w

john Culleton John at wexfordpress.com
Tue Jul 16 14:51:27 UTC 2013

On Tue, 16 Jul 2013 07:37:19 +1000
"Owen" <rcook at pcug.org.au> wrote:

> > On Sat, 6 Jul 2013 16:42:41 -0400
> > john Culleton <John at wexfordpress.com> wrote:

> >> that
> >> addresses
> >> printed

> > That didn't work. Saved it from okular with the grayscale option
> > chosen
> > but the resulting file still had color in it.
> >

> I wonder whether your PDF viewer is parsing the content to "colorise"
> the http and mailto links?
>
> What happens if you open the pdf in gimp?

Still have blue here and there. Printing to a pdf file in okular with
grayscale clicked on definitively doesn't work.

Tried to dividing the 259 page file into 20 page pdf blocks using
pdftk. Scribus 1.4.3 totally distorted the 20 page pdf files and Scribus
1.5.0 (latest version) blew  up with sig 11.

Finally found a procedure that works. Set up a 260 page document in
Scribus 1.5.0. Importing pages one by one using the import vector
facility. Adjusted each imported page to fit proper margins. This
process is continuing. But at any point in this tedious process when I
export the current file to grayscale pdf it is indeed in grayscale.
Another lister suggested this. The urls, page references and mailtos
are now in B/W.

--
John Culleton
Wexford Press