[scribus] Filling my book's pages with text boxes

Craig Bradney cbradney at scribus.info
Wed Jul 10 20:10:31 UTC 2013

On 10/07/13 10:06 PM, Ryan W wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I'm getting started with a book project that will be about 75 pages.  The
> book will be all text, no images.  For starters, I would like to set up a
> document where every page has a text box that fills the entire page
> (excluding margins) and each page's text box links to the next page's text
> box.
>
> Is there some way I can do this automatically, or do I have to go through
> all 75 pages and create a text box for each page, and then manually link
> all the text boxes together?

Hi Ryan

You can use the "Automatic Text Frame" option on creation of the document, or you can use the
Insert->Frame menu option to create those frames, set sizes, linking etc for you. The difference
between the two options is that the second option doesn't auto add frames when you create pages, and
is therefore less limiting if your document is developing over time.

Craig