[scribus] Printing parts of a larger document on A4

Flem flemblog at free.fr
Mon Jul 8 20:48:49 UTC 2013

08/07/2013 22:05, Rolf wrote :

> do you mean "open a new 3-fold document" in Scribus? This
> would mean having two pages with another size than the third
> page: due to the third page being wrapped into the other
> two, it must be slightly more narrow, and so would the one
> printed on its back.

If you run Scribus, you get into a dialog box named "New
Document".
In that dialog, the third choice in the area called
"Document Layout" is "3-Fold".

As you can see on its icon, the third page is not wrapped
into the other two: it is what we call in France a "pli
accordéon" ("accordion fold" if you translate it straight).
In that kind of folding, the 3 folds are of the exact same size.
So this is exactly what you need, doesn't it?

> This would include having 6 single pages and 4 with
> different sizes in one document. Is this possible in
> Scribus, and would it make sense? Do the pros practice it
> like this?

Depends on the type of fold...  :)
It's true for what we call here a "portfolio fold". Sorry
for I don't know the exact translation in English.

--
Flem