[scribus] Printing parts of a larger document on A4

Sprachschule Eilert eilert-sprachen at t-online.de
Mon Jul 8 20:05:39 UTC 2013

Am 08.07.2013 19:35, schrieb Flem:
> Hi Rolf,
>
> Le 08/07/2013 09:55, Rolf-Werner Eilert a écrit :
>> Currently I'm working on an A4 flyer that will comprise 3 A4
>> pages lying side-by-side. I made a large page in Scribus
>> with two markers showing the page borders, so I get a rather
>> wide pdf out of it.
>>
>> My idea is to print each page on A4 and glue them together
>> to get an impression of the ready-made flyer.
>>
>> When I want to print this on A4, Adobe Reader shows a white
>> rectangle on this larger surface, but I cannot move this
>> area to print another part of the page.
>>
>> Does anyone have an idea how to print the three pages
>> separately on A4?
>
> You should try to open a new 3-fold document by selecting A4
> format and increasing the number of pages to 3.
>
> This should allow you to print each A4 page separately.
>
> Regards

Hi Flem,

do you mean "open a new 3-fold document" in Scribus? This would mean
having two pages with another size than the third page: due to the third
page being wrapped into the other two, it must be slightly more narrow,
and so would the one printed on its back.

This would include having 6 single pages and 4 with different sizes in
one document. Is this possible in Scribus, and would it make sense? Do
the pros practice it like this?

Rolf