[scribus] Debian repository broken.

john Culleton John at wexfordpress.com
Sat Jul 6 20:50:29 UTC 2013

On Sat, 6 Jul 2013 10:23:43 -0700
Duane G Canaday <sunny51dc at gmail.com> wrote:

> Perhaps what is meant is that the current listed stable version is now
> out of date.
> In the place referenced it says it is Squeeze not Wheezy.
> Also I have been disappointed that the Debian repository itself never
> has the same current version of Scribus as Windows does but is always
> several versions behind.
> Just my take on the situation.
> Duane Canaday
>
> ___
> Edit your options or unsubscribe:
> See also:
> http://wiki.scribus.net
> http://forums.scribus.net

Even Debian users can download the latest 1.4.3 svn and compile it.
Linux means you never have to wait on someone else. Here is my
overnight script (I call the binary of scribus 1.4.3 scrib4):
rm -r /usr/local/src/s14x
cd /usr/local/src/
svn co svn://scribus.net/branches/Version14x/Scribus s14x
cd s14x
cmake . -DCMAKE_INSTALL_PREFIX:PATH=/usr/local/scribus4_svn
make
make install
cd scribus
ls -l scribus