[scribus] Problems with Templates

"Christoph Schäfer" christoph-schaefer at gmx.de
Thu Feb 21 07:27:24 UTC 2013

Hi David,

> Hi,
> I am trying to save some files as Scribus Templates but I get a message
> saying that the
> program can't collect the template. Why is this please?

TBH, this doesn't seem to make sense. Would you mind being more specific, especially quoting the error message you see, as well as a step-by-step description of what you did to trigger the error? It would also help to know where the files used in your document are located (e.g., local directory, network directory, external storage medium etc.).

> Also, when I look at New from Template, there are certain categories of
> Template. Can one
> add to the categories?

Yes, that's possible, but unfortunately not via the Scribus UI (the template dialog is in need of an update). There is an XML file called template.xml, whose location depends on the operation system/distro you are using. You can edit this file using a text editor to add a new category.

HTH,

Christoph