[scribus] Where Did My Text Go?

John Ghormley KJ4UFG kj4ufg at sera.org
Wed Feb 20 18:28:19 UTC 2013

On Mon, Feb 18, 2013 at 3:05 PM, bobparham at comcast.net <
bobparham at comcast.net> wrote:

> I just had something happen to me that I have never encountered before.
>
> I am using Scribus 1.4.0in writing a book. I had just completed twelve
> pages in a chapter and was in the process of adding some illustrations. I
> had just started doing some editing on the first page by bringing up
> properties. I made one change in the text box and instantly all my text in
> all twelvepages simply disappeared leaving the blank pages on the screen. I
> have been unable to find the lost pages anywhere. I went to Macrium Reflect
> Free to find a three day old backup on an external hard drive. When I
> restored the file the text was still missing. I have Windows 7. Does anyone
> have any idea what might cause this weird behavior? Any ideas on finding
> missing text?
>
> Bob P

I've had that happen, Bob.  But I use Linux rather than Windows.  Open
Windows->Outline in your menu system and see if you can locate the text
using that tool.  Once I was able to do that, but another time I had to
retype it all.  However, I think text frames tend to move for reasons I
cannot determine to locations far from the left edge of the Scribus window
and maybe even off a defined page.  However, if the text frames are still
in the file, they should be in the Outlne list.

HTH,

John Ghormley  KJ4UFG
Editor, SERA *Repeater Journal*
Walkertown, NC  USA