[scribus] Problem copying and pasting from Word for Apple into Scribus 1.4.1

Griffin Nicola nickigriffin at mac.com
Fri Feb 8 19:18:26 UTC 2013

On 8 Feb 2013, at 17:29, John Jason Jordan wrote:

> On Fri, 08 Feb 2013 14:40:29 +0000
> "Robin Dean (Google)" <robin.c.dean at googlemail.com> dijo:
>
>> If I use Apple's Text Editor and do the same - this works the same as
>> in Windows.
>
> What happens if you paste from Word into Apple's Text Editor, then do a
> Ctrl-C in Apple's Text Editor (to re-copy the text), and then paste
> into the text editor in Scribus?

I find this works fine for copy and paste into Scribus Text Editor - and it's easier than copying into Open Office. But you can't import rtf files, so for bigger amounts of text, particularly where you want text to flow from one page to another, I think you have to use something like Open Office.

Regards

Nicki