[scribus] main window persistently off-screen

Andrew K akroiter at tpg.com.au
Thu Feb 7 04:08:39 UTC 2013

Violet,

I'm guessing, I admit, as I've never seen such an issue (with any programme).

What I would try, I think, is delete Scribus.app, then delete the preferences file as you did earlier then empty trash. (Reboot if desired. It won't hurt.)
Then reinstall.

I don't know, but I wonder if somehow the preferences file was retained because Scribus.app was still there.

I don't have a 10.5 machine here to try anything on and I can't recall all the display settings from 10.5. I may be able to get to a 10.5 machine during the weekend but not certain. When, as in what other (system) events occurring did the problem start happening? Any other software installed? Printers?

Still thinking …