[scribus] Font selection

Owen rcook at pcug.org.au
Sun Dec 29 10:04:54 UTC 2013

On Sun, 29 Dec 2013 20:34:12 +1100
Owen <rcook at pcug.org.au> wrote:

> I just did a SUSE-13.1 install and got everything working, except in
> the process I downloaded zillions of fonts associated with tetex.
>
> When I started Scribus there were 2023 (according to checkfonts.xml)
> fonts which I mindlessly went through and unticked probably 1950 of
> them
>
> There has to be an easier way for next time
>
> So I guess all I need to do is write a script to write the USE="0"
> into scribus140.rc FONT lines and then tick the ones I want.
>
> Or is there a magic button to untick all?
>
> Got Scribus 150 to fire up next so will see what happens.

Replying to myself, scribus150 had all the fonts ticked to be
used when started.

The scribus150.rc file had a slightly different format and this sed
command fixed the problem.

sed -i 's/Use="1"/Use="0"/g' scribus150.rc but when scribus150 was
restarted it was back to Use="1" again.

Starting to feel helpless :-( There is some other file in the chain of
events.

--
Owen