[scribus] What is Glyphenstauchung?

"Christoph Schäfer" christoph-schaefer at gmx.de
Thu Dec 19 08:38:47 UTC 2013

It's much more than a "cheating tool", quite the contrary. Glyph Extension is an advanced typographic tool that allows for subtly modifying the (horizontal) shapes of glyphs without disrupting the overall layout. It requires a bit of experimentation to get to know how lines can be filled optimally, and ideally, Glyph Extension should only be applied after all other optimisation options, especially hyphenation, have been exhausted.

Christoph