[scribus] What is Glyphenstauchung?

ZASKE Martin zm at revue-gugu.org
Wed Dec 18 17:00:07 UTC 2013

In English it is called Glyph Extension.

It is a "permission", I believe, where you allow Scribus to abuse (or
stretch or squish) the actual characters of text for needs of justification.

To see it operate, create a text box and type very little text and then
opt for align text justified or even forced justified. If you set your
new toy to the maxes and pick a huge font size, you will see the
stretching nicely. Enjoy. (This looks like a cheating tool for desperate
layout staff; still nice to have, nod to our developers.)

fwiw

Martin

--
ZASKE Martin