[scribus] Position objects with the mouse in steps smaller than 1pt

Andreas Winkler and.win82 at gmail.com
Mon Dec 16 11:46:24 UTC 2013

Hi,

I'm using Scribus 1.4.3 on Windows 7 and Windows 8.1. I've noticed
that objects can be moved using the mouse (drag & drop) only in steps
of 1pt, but not in finer steps. So it is not possible to position
objects exactly when using the mouse. Moreover, objects wont snap to
guides when the distance between the object and the guide was not an
integer multiple of 1pt before. This can be reproduced by the
following steps:
1) Activate snapping to guides and create a vertical guide at a
position of 99,5pt.
2) Create an empty text frame at poistion (0/0)
3) It is not possible to position the text frame at X=99,5 when using
the mouse to drag & drop.

Is there a setting I'm missing to fix this?

Best regards
Andreas