[scribus] Requirements for precompiled Scribus downloads.

John Jason Jordan johnxj at comcast.net
Tue Dec 10 17:26:59 UTC 2013

On Tue, 10 Dec 2013 04:18:53 -0500
john Culleton <John at wexfordpress.com> dijo:

>For Linux users (various flavors):
>1. do they need to have Ghostscript installed
>first?
>2. Do they need to install ImageMagick first?
>
>For all users:
>What Scribus functionality is lost if ImageMagick
>is omitted? The reason I ask is that I don't have
>ImageMagick included in my (in)famous svn script.
>
>I know about Gimp already :<)

For the list, John sent me an e-mail off-list which included his script
as a text file to avoid wrapping issues. I ran it, but it still
produced errors, which I reported back to him.

As for the above, before running the script I had already installed the
GIMP, Ghostscript and Inkscape from Ubuntu 13.10 repos, which also
installed ImageMagick.