[scribus] Latest in Xubuntu 13.10 is 1.4.2

Owen rcook at pcug.org.au
Tue Dec 10 03:42:08 UTC 2013

> On Mon, 9 Dec 2013 08:22:42 -0500
> john Culleton <John at wexfordpress.com> dijo:
>
>>The solution for all linux distros is to compile
>>from svn. Here is my 1.4.x script:

> I decided to go ahead and try it. In addition to build-essential and
> cmake I had to install svn. But the script fails on:
>
> 	svn://scribus.net/branches/Version14x/Scribus
> 	bash: svn://scribus.net/branches/Version14x/Scribus: No such
> 		file or directory
>
> Actually, I was running it one line at a time in a terminal, but that
> should not make any difference.

Hi again,

See http://wiki.scribus.net/canvas/Building_SVN_versions_with_CMake

and the line you wan, beware of word wrap is;

svn co svn://scribus.net/branches/Version14x/Scribus scribus14x

I recommend you persist with this build, it is getting really stable
with only a few changes per month now

Come back with "the next error". We will get you through it :-)

--
Owen