[scribus] Latest in Xubuntu 13.10 is 1.4.2

John Jason Jordan johnxj at comcast.net
Tue Dec 10 00:43:13 UTC 2013

On Mon, 9 Dec 2013 08:22:42 -0500
john Culleton <John at wexfordpress.com> dijo:

>The solution for all linux distros is to compile
>from svn. Here is my 1.4.x script:
>rm -r /usr/local/src/s14x
>cd /usr/local/src/
>svn co
>svn://scribus.net/branches/Version14x/Scribus
>s14x cd s14x cmake .
>-DCMAKE_INSTALL_PREFIX:PATH=/usr/local/scribus4_svn
>make make install
>cd scribus
>ls -l scribus
>rm /usr/local/bin/scrib4
>ln scribus /usr/local/bin/scrib4
>------------------------------------
>Of course you first have to install
>build-essentials or its equivalent. You will need
>cmake also. But the compile approach frees you
>forever from the vagaries of various
>repositories.

I decided to go ahead and try it. In addition to build-essential and
cmake I had to install svn. But the script fails on:

	svn://scribus.net/branches/Version14x/Scribus
	bash: svn://scribus.net/branches/Version14x/Scribus: No such
		file or directory

Actually, I was running it one line at a time in a terminal, but that
should not make any difference.