[scribus] collecting for output

Mark Heieis mheieis at alois.ca
Thu Dec 5 20:18:43 UTC 2013

Hi There,

If I understand the issue, think an easier approach would the following:

1) Create a group (e.g. "editors")
2) add the group "editors" to each user id that's working on the group
project(s)
3) change the group id of the common directory,"pour_la_sortie", to
"editors" (#chgrp -R editors "pour_la_sortie")
4) change the write permissions of the common directory to allow group
writing (#chmod -R g+w "pour_la_sortie")
5) change the group sticky-bit, which keeps the group id to "editors"
(#chmod g+s "pour_la_sortie")
6) any logged in user in the editors group will need to log out if
signed in to see the change
7) you will need to be root or have root access to make the above changes.
8) you only have to do this once as an adminstrator. The rest becomes
totally transparent to the users, with no training overhead

It's also assuming that the common directory is in a location that all
of the users can see and get to.

Hope the helps.